The African American Chamber of Commerce of Wisconsin (AACCW) is seeking talented individuals who have the desire to support our mission of championing the growth and sustainability of African American owned businesses by providing access to capital, education and advocacy through capacity building and strategic partnerships.
Membership & Program Manager
Position Title: Membership & Program Manager
Reports To: Vice President
FLSA Status: Exempt
The African American Chamber of Commerce of Wisconsin (AACCW) champions the growth and sustainability of African American owned businesses by providing access to capital, education and advocacy through capacity building and strategic partnerships.
The Membership and Program Manager is responsible for developing, maintaining and supporting all AACCW programs and membership services. This position will develop customized outreach opportunities for African American businesses and communities. They will also identify, solidify and maintain strategic partnership relationships. The Membership and Program Manager will also market, develop, facilitate and support AACCW programs and services.
The Membership & Program Manager has lead responsibilities for:
- administration, operations and program management for membership and business outreach programs and initiatives;
- working with the AACCW team on additional initiatives and services to create and promote programming for African American owned businesses in Wisconsin;
- and fulfilling other responsibilities as assigned by the Vice President.
- Promoting the mission of AACCW by networking with African American owned businesses, trade groups, chambers of commerce, and other business groups that would generate contacts within African American owned businesses.
- Developing and maintaining networks within Business Improvement Districts (BIDS) and commercial corridors to generate prospective clients and members.
- Being knowledgeable of AACCWs products, services and opportunities.
- Preparing informational presentations about AACCW programs and services.
- Generating leads through connecting with individual businesses, entrepreneurs, organizations, associations and other institutions to market AACCW programs and services.
- Continuously seeking out opportunities to promote AACCW events, programs and services.
- Interfacing with community partners, members/prospects, community partners and sponsors.
Identifying and maintaining strategic partnerships.
- Developing and maintaining the onboarding process for new members.
- Communicating membership enrollment process to potential members.
- Maintaining membership files and information.
- Facilitating membership renewals.
- Developing and implementing membership benefits and programs.
- Regularly checking-in with members, to understand their needs, provide technical assistance and to promote programs and services.
- Conducting regular member surveys and data collection related to AACCW’s membership.
- Assisting with or directly planning and coordinating relevant events.
- Acting as liaison to the Membership & Programming and Strategic Partnership & Advocacy Committees and preparing materials for committee meetings.
- Developing, implementing, and managing AACCW’s programs designed to connect business owners to needed technical assistance for growth.
Technology & Data Management
- Overseeing AACCW’s technology, including social media, website and databases.
- Conducting research, gathering and analyzing data that support fund development efforts.
- Establishing and maintaining files and office records.
- Assisting staff with proposals, reports, research papers and applications.
- Maintaining the AACCW database, mailing list and filing system.
- Preparing written communication for AACCW customers and prospects.
- Tracking progress on programmatic milestones.
- Maintaining awareness of demographic, social, and economic trends in the minority business community.
- Responding to requests for information.
- Minimum of (3) years of experience in business, finance, marketing, sales, nonprofit program management or related experience. Prior program management and/or membership experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university in business, finance, sales, marketing, nonprofit management or related fields.
- Knowledge of community, government and academic resources geared towards businesses is a plus.
- Knowledge of office management procedures, PC computers, database and website management software and office filing systems.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with all staff.
- Monitor and track current and prospective members.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software and database management software.
- Demonstrated ability to act independently and manage multiple, complex transactions at various stages and coordinate with multiple internal and external parties to meet approval and deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must embrace and promote a culture of individual and shared trust and accountability – internally and externally; ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and analysis.
- Strong entrepreneurial work ethic with the ability to work independently or collaboratively as a team member.
- Courteous, culturally-appropriate and business-like manner in dealing with stakeholders, co-workers and clients.
- Strong oral communication skills – public speaking experience a plus.
- Strong writing skills; ability to write clear and concise business communications.
- Ability to read and interpret complex work-related documents.
- Some travel and weekend/evening work required for meetings and events.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 references to Jona Moore, utilizing the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicated “Membership and Program Manager” in the subject line.