RISE HSED Program
Literacy Services of Wisconsin and the African American Chamber of Commerce have partnered to provide a 16-week Entrepreneurial Training Program that promotes business development with a focus on marketing, branding, business network development, all while fulfilling the requirements to be awarded a High School Equivalency Diploma (HSED).
This state-approved PI 5.09 program is based on the Common Core State Standards and emphasizes communication skills such as speaking, listening, and writing in preparation for post-secondary education and the workplace. Learners are assessed on classroom-based projects, not standardized tests, and are provided a multi-disciplinary, holistic approach to learning.
Earn your HSED while gaining skills to launch your own business!
- At least 18.5 years of age
- The class you entered 9th grade with has graduated
- Proof of Wisconsin residency
- Not currently enrolled in a public high school
- Strong computer skills: internet browsing, basic typing, creating documents, responding via email, and using other online apps as needed