Kiva U.S. is an international non-profit that enables financially excluded and socially impactful entrepreneurs to access 0% interest small business loans. These loans are crowdfunded by hundreds of lenders from around the world that read your story, lend you as little as $25 each, and rally around your business as potential customers, business advisers, and brand ambassadors.
Why apply for a Kiva Loan with AACCW?
We are dedicated to strengthening AACCW entrepreneurs and businesses. This is both an exciting and challenging time in our history as we are undergoing a vigorous process of change, growth, and transformation to address disparities many business leaders and entrepreneurs are facing throughout Wisconsin. As a Trustee, AACCW will endorse entrepreneurs and manage them throughout the course of the loan.
The KIVA Loan
- Up to 10,000 (please see basic guidelines and example loan sizes below)
- 0% Interest
- No fees
- Terms up to 2 years
- No credit score, collateral, business plan or financial statements required
- Crowdfunded by borrower’s personal and professional network as well as Kiva U.S. lenders
To be eligible for a Kiva Zip Loan, you must meet the following requirements:
- No past due debt (defined as debt older than 90 days), except up to $1,000 of medical debt
- Monthly household debt payments to income ratio below
- 30% (excluding mortgage payments)
- Borrower cannot currently be in bankruptcy or foreclosure
- Annual income of less than $100K
- Must have or create a PayPal account
- At least 18 years of age
- Not involve in multi-level marketing or illegal activities
- Invite at least 15-30 individuals to lend as little as $25 each to their campaign
- Pre-revenue business
- 0-6 months in operation
- No online presence
$2,000 – $5,000
- Positive Cash Flow
- 6 mo – 2 years in operation
- Basic online presence
$6,000 – $10,000
- Profitable or established business
- 2 – 10+ years in operation
- Strong online presence
“Without the support of the AACCW support, I would not have been able to secure the funds to keep my business operations going!
I am extremely grateful and happy to have had such an opportunity and look forward to creating loan opportunities for other entrepreneurs and businesses. “