A 9-week, virtual experience that will engage participants in a journey of authentic self-discovery and core leadership fundamentals.
What is LEAD?
Deadline to Apply:
January 31, 2021
LEAD is a leadership experience intensive for new and emerging African American leaders that will shape the future of Wisconsin’s executive workforce. The goal of the program is to bring together high performing individuals from partner organizations to harness, cultivate and evolve leadership potential to drive the transformational change critical to making Milwaukee a great place to work, live and play for ALL.
The program is a 9-week, virtual experience that will engage participants in a journey of authentic self-discovery and core leadership fundamentals. This experience will include key talks, insights, and learnings related to economic development, systemic racism and a host of factors that help prepare participants to boldly level up contributions to their organizations and community in new and innovative ways.
We believe the most sustainable way to elevate the vibrancy of our leadership community is to turn up the volume of the voices of African American leaders.
The inaugural cohort will be capped at 10 participants.
Anticipated outcomes for participants:
- Connection to insights and tools that will position participants to move from great contributors to great leaders
- Elevated ability to shape and lead current and/or future teams to success
- Introduction to distinctive skills and methodologies that will ready participants for senior leadership pipeline
- Participants emerge with a greater sense of self and self-awareness
- Strategic plan to network and increase sphere of influence and impact